Wedding Inspiration: Top 5 Destinations
A Nigerian wedding is usually a magical, colorful and exciting event. We Nigerians truly know how to celebrate. From the attire to the food, we really know how to throw a party. However, many Nigerians (who can afford it) choose to take their nuptials abroad. Many celebrities from 2Baba to Tiwa Savage have had their weddings abroad. There are a wealth of destinations to choose from. Some of the most popular are below:
- Paris: Where else but the city of love? This famous romantic spot is home to countless weddings every year and with its historical landmarks like the Eiffel tower and the Louvre, it sets the mood for any exchange of vows. Some even opt to get married and honeymoon in the city. Two for the price of one! Celebrities like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Adrienne Bailon and Isreal Houghton have said ‘i do’ in this amazing place.
- London: Also on the list of European locations for weddings is London. With its beautiful ancient cathedrals and churches, it has a beautiful feel to it that almost takes you back to Victorian times. Perhaps because of our historical colonial ties to the city, many Nigerians flock here for weddings.
- Rome: The Italian capital is also a crowd-puller, having been used by the likes of Kim Kardashian to celebrate her wedding, It has stunning architecture and a regal feel to its historical monuments, making any lucky bride feel like a queen.
- The Seychelles Islands: For a beach wedding, islands are a paradise and few are as perfect as the Seychelles. They have the feel of being in a heaven-like place and will thrill any couple and their guests.
- Dubai: This fabulous, luxurious city is becoming a hotbed for Nigerians looking to tie the know. Many celebrities from 2Baba, Tiwa Savage and even Toolz have gotten married there. Considering the city prides itself on luxury, its the ultimate show of class.