Chioma’s Fitness Notes – How Do You Achieve Consistency?
There is one factor that prevents people from reaching their fitness goal and it’s consistency. You simply cannot achieve your goals by quitting whenever you start. And while being consistent you have to be patient with whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself. There are three great components to apply while being consistent.
Working out with consistency is important for one’s physical health. For example if you run for 3-4 miles on one day and train strenuously only to avoid working out for a week your body only starts to feel really sore. It is too tiring when you put your body through intermittent days of working out.
WHAT DO YOU DO TO ACHIEVE CONSISTENCY:
- Create a workout plan: Creating a workout plan for yourself can help you achieve consistency. This can help you have an idea of what to do at the gym and achieve a productive workout. A workout plan is simply activities that you intend doing at the gymor at home. You can create a long-term plan and stick to it. A well constructed and thought out plan will help you reach your goals. Exercise at least 3 or 4 times a week.
- Create a meal plan: Set a challenge for yourself and map out a meal plan for yourself that involves foods you can eat for a period of time to achieve your goal. Stick to it. Go shopping for healthy foods and get rid of the unhealthy foods.
- Never forget the reason you started: When you’re trying to embark on your fitness journey you have to remind yourself of the reason you started at first. It is never an easy decision to start living a life you were never used to and so it would take a reminder from time to time to kepp you on track.
- Positive energy: We really do underestimate how important the right energy is when you’re on your fitness journey. Having people around you who motivate you or have the mindset that you have can go a long way in ensuring that you’re consistent. If you have the wrong people around you, you’re simply going to quit or skip your workouts but with the right people you can reach your fitness goals
- Stay motivated: To be consistent you have to look for means of staying motivated. From time to time, pat yourself on the back and be proud of how far you’ve come. Read the success stories of some people and this should make you understand that others have achieved it and so you can.
- Listen to your mind and not your body: Most days you will be tired and drained and working out is the last thing you want to do but you have to constantly let your mind make decisions especially when your body is exhausted.